SHERIF EMIL, M.D., C.M., F.R.C.S.C., F.A.C.S., F.A.A.P.
Professor of Pediatric Surgery, Surgery, and Pediatrics; Mirella and Lino Saputo Foundation Chair in Pediatric Surgical Education and Patient and Family-centered Pediatric Surgical Care, McGill University Faculty of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
Director, Harvey E. Beardmore Division of Pediatric Surgery, The Montreal Children's Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
Surgical education is undergoing a major transformation, not in the basic techniques of teaching, but from what we are learning from each other internationally. The objectives of this presentation are:
- Describe the benefits of surgical education exchange programs.
- Demonstrate the outreach potential of Web-based global surgical education.
- Describe opportunities for engagement in global surgical education.
Access each topic via the buttons on the timeline of the video or via the stack link in the lower right corner of the video navbar.
1. Global Surgical Education Transformation
2. Effect of North-South Disparity on the Need for Global Surgical Pediatric Surgery
3. Need for International Surgical Education
4. Implementing Global Surgical Education
5. Addressing Concerns of the Global Surgical Community
6. How To Implement Globalized Education
7. Exploring New Models of Surgical Education
8. Importance of New Educational Partnerships