Next 2-Day Online Course:
Browse THP Patient Cases
- 8-mo-old patient is referred for evaluation in the Colorectal Center.
- She was born with a cloaca described as “2 cm common channel”.
- She underwent diverting colostomy on day of life 2 but the mucous fistula had closed.
- Patient had a normal sacrum and normal kidneys.
- Patient presents for evaluation. She is an 11-mo-old female patient from Panama. She had an out of hospital delivery. She has no surgical history. Mother is currently pregnant again. Patient is exclusively breast fed.
- She had loose stool daily and her weight is 6.1 kg.
- Male patient born with several congenital anomalies, including pathologic deletion of 7q36, chordee with left hydrourethronephrosis, low lying conus (L5), cleft palate and low set ears.
- Genetic malformation was identified first and then he was screened for other anomalies.
- Sacral defect was also identified.