International Colorectal Web Meetings
- Ten-year-old male presents to the ED with severe left sided abdominal pain and discharge from the anus.
- He is febrile and tachycardic. He is admitted and ultimately diagnosed with Shigella colitis with overflow diarrhea into the efferent limb of his loop transverse colostomy. Also, he was a Syrian refugee who immigrated to Canada. No prior medical records available.
- Term fetus in a Latin American country has a prenatal ultrasound that identifies an abdominal cystic mass.
- Cystic abdominal mass was first identified on the 16-wk ultrasound and has been consistently growing.
- Medical team was concerned about fetal peritonitis or lymphatic malformation based on the large size of this mass.