Browse THP Patient Cases
The Workshop on Current Topics in Hirschsprung Disease focused on “State of the Art” and important technical details for the successful diagnosis, treatment, and postoperative care of Hirschsprung disease patients.
- Newborn male presents with recto-perineal fistula.
- This is a tiny recto-perineal fistula, which would not be able to be dilated.
- Cross table lateral film shows a short distance to the anal impression.
- Radiograph at the outside hospital showed significant colonic dilation.
- 16-yr-old patient presents to the emergency department 5 d after a bike accident where he suffered an anorectal trauma.
- On physical exam, he had skin and the anoderm on the right side with damage of the anal canal with skin and fat tissue necrosis.