- Term fetus in a Latin American country has a prenatal ultrasound that identifies an abdominal cystic mass.
- Cystic abdominal mass was first identified on the 16-wk ultrasound and has been consistently growing.
- Medical team was concerned about fetal peritonitis or lymphatic malformation based on the large size of this mass.
Browse THP Patient Cases
- Male patient was first evaluated on day 2 of life in the NICU due to abdominal distention, mild bilious emesis, and failure to pass meconium.
- On exam, he had distended abdomen, rectal exam with explosive stools and gas.
- Abdominal radiograph showed colonic distention.