- 14-year-old, male, born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil.
- Previously healthy.
- Admitted to E.R. with left vision loss and altered level of consciousness.
- Recurrent episodes of headaches during the past 30 days, blurred vision, and poor balance.
Successful endotracheal intubation performed and a CT was ordered.
Infratentorial mass, with partially defined limits, occupying the fourth ventricle and measuring 6.1 x 5.6 x 5.5 cm.
- Consider Embryonic Tumors (e.g., medulloblastoma, atypical rhabdoid teratoid tumor)
- Resection of the mass
- Pathology Report: Classic Medulloblastoma (WHO Grade IV) - Beta catenin +
- Good progress, extubated.
- Maintained blurred vision.
- Was discharged from ICU
- Partial vision loss
- Grade 4 muscle weakness
- No complaints or bleeding
Anticoagulation using Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH):
- Enoxaparin 1mg/kg/dose q12h
- Hb=10.8 / Hct=31.2 / WBC=11360 / Plt=264k
- Fibrinogen = 313
- aPTT= 23.1s / R=0.8
- PT=13s / Prothrombin activity= 88%
Patient Case Video