- Newborn male presents with recto-perineal fistula.
- This is a tiny recto-perineal fistula, which would not be able to be dilated.
- Cross table lateral film shows a short distance to the anal impression.
- Radiograph at the outside hospital showed significant colonic dilation.
- Surgical repair was performed with posterior sagittal approach.
- Anoplasty was performed.
This is a case where operating on the perineal fistula would be required because of the small diameter of the opening.
Patient Case Discussion